Lily Fontas is a wellness coach and educator who is on a mission to help women get strong, healthy, and happy on their own terms. After struggling with a binge eating disorder and nearly burning out as a classroom teacher, she turned to bodybuilding for stress relief by combining strength training and positive reinforcement. She found a way to live a healthy life without dieting or deprivation and now she shares her expertise with women worldwide as an online coach.
In this episode, we talk about Lily’s personal journey, the importance of finding a balance between paying attention to what you put into your body but not paying so much attention that it becomes an obsession, why the diet mentality needs to go, and so much more. Enjoy!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- What Lily loves about what she’s up to now
- Lily’s transition from being a kindergarten teacher to becoming a professional body builder
- Why Lily feared losing her job when she took control of her health
- Why it’s so important for Lily to help others become more fit
- How the health and fitness industry isn’t designed to help people lose weight and keep it off
- Finding the balance between focusing on the details of getting fit but not becoming too obsessive and adding extra pressure on yourself
- Why the diet mentality needs to go
- What Lily considers to be her biggest achievement and how she accomplished it
- The biggest challenge Lily has faced while building her business
- The importance of focusing on what you do want rather than what you don’t want
- How weight lifting has reframed Lily’s view of failure
Follow Us On: